I’m all about making my babies happy and in order to do that for your lovable little or big ones, follow these simple tips!
- Plan playtime. Make a date with your puppy each and every day to help socialize him. Race him to the park, or recite poetry. You choose. He will bask in your undivided attention no matter what you do.
- Cuddle up. Even if your spouse hates tearjerkers, we’re sure your puppy will embrace them. He also won’t keep track of how many Kleenex you use.
- Give him a bath. After all that wading in the stinky pond down the street, give him a nice bubble bath with specially formulated puppy shampoo.
- Beat the heat. Exercise with your pup in the early morning hours and enjoy that sunrise you’ve missed the past few years.
- Walk, walk, walk. To the grocery store. To your neighbor’s house. To the elementary school to pick up your kids. You’ll be surprised what a good time you’ll both have smelling life’s roses.
- Learn to speak Puppy. He is, after all, learning to speak English at your behest. The least you can do is to take time to study his body language so that you know how he’s feeling.
- Let him chew. Yes, it can be a pain, but it is also developmentally appropriate for puppies. Quit complaining and purchase high-quality chews at pet specialty stores then let him have at it.
Hope this helps!