Nothing says YUMMY like my low-calore cashew chicken and broccoli recipe. You will save so much time creating this under thirty minute meal and won’t regret having a happy plate!
- 1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, if desired
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 cup Progresso® chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 green onions, sliced (2 tablespoons)
- 1 cup salted roasted cashews
- Cook rice in water as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix soy sauce, gingerroot, sugar and sesame oil. Stir in chicken until coated; let stand 15 minutes to marinate.
- In small bowl, stir 1/4 cup of the broth and the cornstarch until cornstarch is dissolved; set aside.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat vegetable oil over high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and add to heated oil in skillet; reserve any remaining marinade. Cook chicken about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink in center.
- Stir broccoli and remaining 1/2 cup broth into chicken in skillet; cover and cook 1 minute. Stir in onions and cashews.
- Stir reserved marinade into cornstarch mixture. Stir into chicken mixture; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Serve over rice.