As you know, Quad is VERY busy and normally I don’t have time to spend hours in the kitchen preparing dinner for my husband. So, I’ve created a quick and easy recipe for my Herb Crusted Chicken. It’s healthy, tasty and has the right amount of crunch! Enjoy and let me know your thoughts!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups dry whole wheat bread crumbs
- 3 to 4 fresh basil leaves, rolled tight and thinly sliced crosswise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Pinch of finely crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, gently pounded to even thickness
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and grease a baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat butter and olive oil, swirling pan, until butter is melted. Brush chicken pieces on both sides with melted butter mixture.
- In a shallow dish, mix together bread crumbs, herbs, red pepper, salt, and pepper; coat chicken pieces on both sides with bread crumb mixture. Place chicken pieces on the prepared baking sheet and spray breasts with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cooked through and bread crumbs are golden.